Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Curse

I would like to take a moment to address a concern of mine and of those who have known me since I first left for university back in 2001. The curse. It seems that every time I leave home to begin a new university program something of great significance to a large chunk of the world seems to happen, and its generally not a good thing.

Item number one: My second day of university was September 11, 2001. I obviously don't need to say anymore on that one.

Number two: In the days that I was moving to London to begin my MA, Hurricane Katrina hit the southern coast of the USA, levees gave way and New Orleans flooded.

And number three: The Bank of Scotland is a solid, independant banking establishment for roughly 317 years. I move to Scotland to begin my PhD, and within one week banks all over the world are crumbling and the Bank of Scotland is bought by Lloyds TSB.

I'm quite relieved with this latest event. No one died, no great impact on the north american market, but I am sorry for what is now my bank.

No comments: